Dalhart Christian Academy is committed to expanding God’s kingdom by educating students in a Christian way through
- Building a community that glorifies God
- Creating a safe and fair environment
- Modeling Christ
- Integrating grace and accountability
Educating, discipling and inspiring leaders for life.
Love God, Love People, Be Great
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Timothy 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (Matt. 3:17), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7), His resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of punishment (John 5:28-29).
- We believe that man was created by a direct act of God in His image, not from previously existing life (Genesis 1:1, 22, 27; I Corinthians 11:7; James 3:9).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the indwelling ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose presence the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16; I Corinthians 6:19-21; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
Dalhart Christian Academy has grown out of sincere love for children and a desire to help them develop and succeed in our modern world. “But Jesus said suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven” (Matt. 19:14). The school is equipped and staffed to give the best possible care for students, enabling them to spend their day in an environment learning and developing life skills. The school offers a flexible program to assist the students in their cognitive development. In a Christ-centered environment, the school schedules Bible, Math, English, History, Science, Spelling, Reading, Handwriting, and enrichment through music, Physical Education, STEM, Computer, Accelerated Reader, and ACSI extra-curricular competitions.
Teaching Biblical Truths:
The students have the opportunity to hear Bible truths daily. Bible verses are memorized. They are taught that love is very important. “And now faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity” (I Cor. 13:13). The students are given many opportunities to pray. Each day is planned so the students can learn about God’s love and the wonderful provisions He has made in sending His Son Jesus to teach us how to love. “A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another” (John 13:34). All students are welcome regardless of race, color, or ethnic background. “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 3:28).
Our aim is to develop the total person of each student by providing an education experience of lasting value:
- Socially: We encourage participation in group activities, getting along with others and developing a feeling of security and belonging. “So we, being many are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another” (Romans 12:5).
- Emotionally: We provide an environment that is safe and conducive to good health, showing unconditional love for each student. Allowing them to do what they can for themselves.
- Physically: We encourage experiences that will develop large and small muscle coordination and motor skills as well as team building.
- Spiritually: Daily there is a time of devotion using Bible truths, which give each student an awareness of God’s love for them. Following Psalm 100:2 “Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.”
- Cognitively: We give them the opportunity to explore and ask questions. We provide opportunities for them to create and think of new ideas by having activities and implementing appropriate practice.
Objectives of Dalhart Christian Academy
Believing that the student should grow spiritually, Dalhart Christian Academy seeks to:
- Develop an appreciation for the Bible through daily reading, study, and memorization.
- Teach the student to integrate the Bible in all areas of life.
- Encourage the student to develop self-discipline and responsibility.
- Teach the student respect for and submission to authority.
In order to enhance the student’s personal and social development, Dalhart Christian Academy seeks to:
- Help the student understand that he/she is uniquely created in the image of God.
- Help the student understand and develop his/her own abilities.
- Help the student understand that others are uniquely created in the image of God.
- Teach the student to treat others with love and respect.
- Guide the student in effective use of his/her time.
- Teach the student to respect and honor persons of the opposite sex.
- Teach the student to be a good steward of material blessings.
In order to foster academic growth and development, Dalhart Christian Academy seeks to:
- Promote high academic standards.
- Foster an appreciation for the joy of learning.
- Help each student realize his/her academic potential.
- Teach the student to work independently.
- Teach the student to participate in group activities.
- Encourage the student in good study habits.
- Develop in each student the ability to think creatively and critically.
- Guide the student in appreciation of Christian and American history.
- Develop in the student an appreciation of God’s world and man’s responsibility to His creation; Provide opportunity for the student to participate in fine arts.
Desiring school and home cooperation, Dalhart Christian Academy seeks to:
- Help parents understand the purpose and program of the school.
- Encourage parent participation in the school.
- Encourage school and parent cooperation in the training of the children.
Statement on Marriage and Human Sexuality
We believe that all matters of faith and conduct must be evaluated on the basis of the Bible, the Word of God, which is our inspired, infallible, and inerrant guide (II Timothy 3:16-17). Since the Bible speaks to the nature of human beings and their sexuality, it is imperative that we correctly understand and articulate what the Bible teaches on these matters.
We believe God has ordained and created marriage to exist between one man and one woman, with absolute marital fidelity. The Bible sets forth specific home and family values, which include the distinct roles of husbands and wives, fathers, mothers, and children. It is our firm conviction that we uphold the dignity of each individual as we embrace the unchanging and long-standing principles of scriptural truth.
Our Religious Beliefs:
Based on Holy Scripture and the constant moral teaching of the universal Church, we believe:
- Marriage – Dalhart Christian Academy (DCA) defines marriage as the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of one man and one woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-9; Mark 10:5-9; Ephesians 5:31-33)
- Sexual Immorality – DCA believes that sexual acts outside of marriage are prohibited as sinful. Consequently, DCA students, faculty, administration, and staff must resist and refrain from any and all sexual acts outside of marriage—— including but not limited to co-habitation, adultery, fornication, incest, zoophilia, pornography, prostitution, voyeurism, pedophilia, exhibitionism, sodomy, polygamy, polyamory, sologamy, or same-sex sexual acts. (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18:7-23; Leviticus 20:10-21; Deuteronomy 5:18; Matthew 15:19; Matthew 5:27-28; Matthew 15:19; Romans 1:26-27; I Corinthians 6:9-13; I Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:4; Galatians 5:19; Ephesians 4:17-19; Colossians 3:5)
- Sexual Identity – DCA believes that God created mankind in His image: male (man) and female (woman), sexually different (defined as an individual’s immutable sex as objectively determined by genetics or physiology present by or before birth) but with equal personal dignity. Consequently, DCA students, faculty, administration, and staff must affirm their biological sex and refrain from any and all attempts to physically change, alter, or disagree with their created predominant biological sex — including but not limited to elective sex-reassignment, transvestite, transgender, or non-binary “genderqueer” acts or conduct. (Genesis 1:26-28; Romans 1:26-32; I Corinthians 6:9-11)
- Sexual Orientation – DCA believes that God created and ordered human sexuality for the permanent, exclusive, comprehensive, and conjugal “one flesh” union of man and woman, intrinsically ordered to procreation and biological family, and in furtherance of the moral, spiritual, and public good of binding father, mother, and child. Consequently, DCA students, faculty, administration, and staff must affirm the sexual complementarity of man and woman and resist the temptations of same-sex sexual attractions and refrain from any and all same-sex sexual acts or conduct, which are evidences of the whole world groaning under sin and are outside of God’s designed order for human flourishing and His Glory. (Genesis 1:27; 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:5-9; Romans 1:26-27; I Corinthians 6:9-11; Ephesians 5:25-27; Revelation 19:7-9; 21:2)
- Sexual Redemption – DCA believes that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and therefore redemption, forgiveness, and spiritual cleansing is available for all sins. Consequently, DCA students, faculty, administration, and staff must welcome and treat with respect, compassion, and sensitivity all who experience same-sex attractions or confess sexually immoral acts but are committed to resisting sexual temptation, refraining from sexual immorality, and conforming their behavior to the DCA Statement on Marriage and Human Sexuality. (Matthew 11:28-30; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-10; I Corinthians 10:13; Hebrews 2:17-18; 4:14-16; I John 1:9)
- Celibacy – DCA believes that Holy Scripture grants two life-enhancing options for human sexual behavior: (1) the conjugal “one flesh” marital union of one man and one woman, and (2) celibacy. Either is a gift from God, given as He wills for His glory and the good of those who receive and rejoice in His gift to them. Celibacy and faithful singleness is to be celebrated and affirmed. (Genesis 1:27-28; 2:18, 21-24; Isaiah 54:1; 56:3-5; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:5-8; Hebrews 13:4; I Corinthians 7:1-8; Matthew 19:12; I Corinthians 12:12-13; Romans 12:10; I Timothy 5:1-2)
All of our students, employees, administration, and volunteers must affirm and adhere to this doctrinal and religious absolute Statement on Marriage and Human Sexuality to qualify for involvement with DCA. This is necessary to accomplish our religious mission, goals, and purpose. Behavior or counter-witnessing that does otherwise will impede and burden our integrity and religious mission. We believe that God’s grace can wipe the slate clean of guilt and sin, though the consequences are still incurred.
The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God, acting as the source of authority over morality, our beliefs, Christian lifestyle and conduct.
Drug Free Policy
It is the policy of Dalhart Christian Academy that our campus is to be Drug, Tobacco, and Alcohol-free. The use of drugs, tobacco, alcohol or vaping is not allowed by any person on school property. All school property and the locations of DCA sponsored events are to be designated as Drug-Free zones. Texas state law prohibits students from possessing, using, distributing, or being under the influence of an illegal or controlled substance including, but not limited to, amphetamines, barbiturates, marijuana, narcotics, tobacco, hallucinogenic drugs, vapor, vapes, e-cigarettes, inhalants, alcohol, or intoxicants of any kind while at school. This includes while attending a school activity or event.