Admission of each student to DCA is a privilege. Since DCA has the responsibility of providing quality Christian education, we ask the parents to adhere to the spirit and letter of all policies and guidelines established by the school:
- Entrance will be based upon the school’s ability to meet the needs of the individual student. DCA does not provide Special Education Services.
- 3 year old students must be 3 years of age on or before Sept. 1 and toilet trained.
- 4 year old students must be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1 and toilet trained.
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years of age on or before Sept. 1.
- 1st grade students must be 6 years of age on or before Sept. 1 or have completed Kindergarten.
- All new students are placed in an automatic nine-week probationary period.
- Normally students who are more than one year behind grade level are not accepted for admission on the basis of our inadequacy to meet the student’s needs.
- Students must be up-to-date on immunizations and include a birth certificate, social security card, shot record upon registration.
Prior to the start of the school year, an admissions interview will be scheduled with the parents and the Administrator. This will enable the parents, students, and Administrator to ask questions and to discuss each of their responsibilities.
Testing by our personnel will determine the student’s readiness for the appropriate grade level.
Attendance at Dalhart Christian Academy is a privilege and not a right. Students and parents forfeit this privilege if they do not conform to the standards and ideals set forth by the Board and the Administration, and the school may insist on the withdrawal of a student any time that the student or parent, in the opinion of the school, does not conform to the spirit of the ministry.
Dalhart Christian Academy’s Biblical role is to work in conjunction with the home to mold students to be Christ-like. On occasion, the atmosphere or conduct within a particular home may be counter to or in opposition to the Biblical lifestyle the school teaches. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to, sexual immorality, homosexual sexual orientation, or inability to support the moral principles of the school. In such cases, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student. Parents or primary caregivers in a sexually immoral lifestyle forfeit their children’s privilege to attend Dalhart Christian Academy.
Dalhart Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational and admission policies, scholarship programs, athletic opportunities, or other school-administered programs.