Dalhart Christian Academy believes in the potential of each individual and will strive to produce godly disciples by incorporating a Bible-based curriculum from Christian publishers, as well as screened and carefully selected secular materials.
Dalhart Christian Academy’s basic curriculum includes instruction in character training, Bible, math, reading, spelling, handwriting, social studies, English, and science. Enrichment is added in the areas of art, music, physical education and computer literacy, accelerated reader and ACSI extra-curricular competitions.
KinderPrep: For kids aged 3 and 4, KinderPrep helps establish good school habits, while learning the basics for Kindergarten readiness. Learn more about KinderPrep and the teacher!
Kindergarten: Our curriculum involves hands-on learning to maximize subject skills in phonics, reading, and math. Learn more about Kindergarten and the teacher!
Primary Grades: Throughout the primary grades, our teachers work together to build on each year’s academic success in the core subjects, with a focus on literacy, arithmetic, sciences, and history. Students also gain a thorough foundation in Bible, art, and technology.
Learn more about each grade and the homeroom teachers by clicking through the links below!
Jr. High: We are excited to have added 7th and 8th grades, creating a complete Jr. High for our students! 6th-8th grades follow a block schedule to gain in-depth instruction in all of our subjects. We also offer competitive cross country, swimming, golf, girls volleyball, and boys basketball as athletics options. Learn more about the Jr. High and our teachers!
- ACSI Competitions – DCA supports a healthy competitive spirit, giving students the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular events through the Association of Christian Schools International. These events include Math Olympics, Speech Meets, Spelling Bees, and Science Fairs.
- Art – Each student participates in Art class throughout the week, with a focus on Art History and learning different artistic techniques. Many of our students say that Art is their favorite subject! Taught by Mrs. Ashley Catherall.
- Bible – Lessons in Biblical history, scripture, prayer, and Christ-like character are taught throughout the day and in each subject at DCA. Additionally, students attend Chapel once week, where we sing worship songs, pray, and hear from members of our community.
- Library – We encourage students to read and love the story – creating a lifelong love of books! We participate in the Accelerated Reader program to reward our readers! Click here for the current schedule.
- Physical Education – PE is a class just like science or math – and we have high expectations and love learning about our body and what makes it work! Taught by Coach Callie Wiley.
- Technology – In today’s world, a solid foundation in technology is imperative! In computer class, our students learn the basics of typing, applicable software use, and coding. Technology is strategically used throughout all of our classrooms to aid in instruction.
In order to foster academic growth and development, Dalhart Christian Academy seeks to:
- Promote high academic standards.
- Foster an appreciation for the joy of learning.
- Help each student realize his/her academic potential.
- Teach each student to thrive while working individually, as well as in group activities.
- Encourage the student in good study habits.
- Develop in each student the ability to think creatively and critically.
- Guide the student in appreciation of Christian and American history.
- Develop in the student an appreciation of God’s world and man’s responsibility to His creation.
- Provide opportunity for the student to participate in the fine arts.