Dalhart Christian Academy believes in the potential of each individual
Our Pre-K3, Pre-K4, and Kindergarten classes emphasize hands on learning to prepare students for basic school readiness. Lessons focus on phonics, math, and science, in a fun, loving, structured environment, ideal for young learners!
- Pre-K3 – Mrs. Rebekah Wallace, Teacher; Mrs. Appie VanDyjk, Aide
- Pre-K4 – Mrs. Ashley Catherall, Teacher; Ms. Mo Bryden, Aide
- Kindergarten – Mrs. Stacy Tharp, Teacher
Throughout the primary grades, our teachers work together to build on each year’s academic success in the core subjects, with a focus on literacy, arithmetic, sciences, and history. Students also gain a thorough foundation in Bible, art, and technology.
- 1st Grade: Mrs. Tammy Schniederjan
- 2nd Grade: Mrs. Amy Smith
- 3rd Grade: Mrs. Angie Stienkamp
- 4th Grade: Mrs. Sarah Smith
- 5th Grade: Mrs. Rebecca Siebert
We are excited to have added 7th and 8th grades, creating a complete Jr. High for our students! 6th-8th grades follow a block schedule to gain in-depth instruction in all of our subjects. We also offer competitive cross country, track, golf, girls volleyball, and boys basketball as athletics options
- 6th Grade Homeroom: Mrs. Lexi Blackburn
- 7th Grade Homeroom: Mrs. Melissa Ritchey
- 8th Grade Homeroom: Mrs. Angie McMorris
- Additional Teachers: Mrs. Sarah Gyles; Mrs. Ashley Arp
- ACSI Competitions – DCA supports a healthy competitive spirit, giving students the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular events through the Association of Christian Schools International. These events include Math Olympics, Speech Meets, Spelling Bees, and Science Fairs.
- Bible – Lessons in Biblical history, scripture, prayer, and Christ-like character are taught throughout the day and in each subject at DCA. Additionally, students attend Chapel once week, where we sing worship songs, pray, and hear from members of our community.
- Library – We encourage students to read and love the story – creating a lifelong love of books! We participate in the Accelerated Reader program to reward our readers!
- Physical Education – PE is a class just like science or math – and we have high expectations and love learning about our body and what makes it work!
- Technology – In today’s world, a solid foundation in technology is imperative! In computer class, our students learn the basics of typing, applicable software use, and coding. Technology is strategically used throughout all of our classrooms to aid in instruction.
In order to foster academic growth and development, Dalhart Christian Academy seeks to:
- Promote high academic standards.
- Foster an appreciation for the joy of learning.
- Help each student realize his/her academic potential.
- Teach each student to thrive while working individually, as well as in group activities.
- Encourage the student in good study habits.
- Develop in each student the ability to think creatively and critically.
- Guide the student in appreciation of Christian and American history.
- Develop in the student an appreciation of God’s world and man’s responsibility to His creation.
- Provide opportunity for the student to participate in the fine arts.